Monday, February 16, 2009

almost there!

This second week in February is a crazy one for my family. Between two birthdays and Valentine's Day, I'm lucky just to survive it. But, I'm reaching the tail end of the festivities, and after a Sunday dinner a week ago with the grandparents because they were all going to be gone on the actual birthdays, Gracie's birthday night on Tuesday, Parent Teacher Conferences on Wednesday, Valentine treats for class parties on Thursday, Valentine's Day on Saturday, Derrick's birthday night on Sunday, and a birthday party at the swimming pool for Derrick today I'm pleased to announce that tomorrow all I have left is to send in a birthday treat for Derrick to share with his class. Of course, he informed me that he would like to bring a sugar-free snack for everyone so that the diabetic boy in his class doesn't feel left out. That was perhaps my proudest moment this week. With all that done, I just need to get my laundry piles under control so that we can head to Utah on Wednesday for a few days of "we really need a break from this place" relaxation. Besides, being overwhelmed is what life is all about, right?

5 comments:

My Rags to Riches said...

Wow, they do grow up fast. I remember like it was yesterday taking his picture at Kiddie Kandids when he was just a baby!

Lindsey said...

Sounds like you've had a busy week. Can't wait to see you guys!

Grandma H. said...

Derrick is so tender hearted. I'm proud of him too. Have fun in Utah and relax a little. Truman is doing great so far. He sure likes the deer outside!

Sierra said...

Yay for R&R. Have fun and be safe! Derick is such a sweet kid. You did good cuz. :)

Emily said...

Glad I'm not the only one who's on the overwhelmed wagon!

BTW, I LOVE your aprons!