Sunday, June 24, 2012

once upon a time...we celebrated Memorial Day 2012

As is our tradition, we journeyed to Richfield for the Memorial Day weekend.  It's always a time full of family, food, and fun.  Each year I love to see my children at each of the cemeteries, and look back to the pictures from the years before to see how much they've grown.  I appreciate that my children think of this as a special time and are able to learn about their family history firsthand.
Mr. Blue Eyes, waiting in the car at the cemetery.

All the cousins at Grandma and Grandpa Nielson's grave.
Flags
Great Grandma and Grandpa Nielson's grave
Nathan, Gracie, and Reid
Reid with the headstone he accidentally knocked over
The traditional photo with his namesake
Securing the flowers
Great Grandma and Grandpa Hawley's grave
Duck Duck Goose - Go Lexi Go!
Duck Duck Goose - She's gonna get him!
Duck Duck Goose - You can do it Reid!
Duck Duck Goose - Way to help your brother out, Derrick!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Schatz said...

How fun to have extended family join you! I'm sure the kids will always remember how to celebrate Memorial Day. Tell Reid that I'm sure knocking over headstones happens all the time!:)

Grandma H. said...

It was so fun. I'm sure glad my family loves to come on Memorial Day. It has really become a fun tradition.