Saturday, May 5, 2007

victory!

So, I finally feel confident in saying that Abbie is potty trained. She has been semi-trained for a while now, but until several weeks ago, she continued to have accidents during the daytime. Hardly ever at night, JUST during the day and rather frequently, I might add. Yes, I know that it took us four and a half years to accomplish this milestone. Why? Because Abbie has a stubborn streak, a BIG one. Derrick was the same way, although we achieved victory with him by the time he was four. What they both have in common is that they had to decide they wanted to do it. Now, you might ask what finally convinced Abbie to take the final step towards big girl-hood? Grandma H bribed her with a dollar a few weeks ago. My mother then followed suit and now the accidents are few and far between. Thank goodness for grandmas with cash!

4 comments:

Sierra said...

Congrats on the big milestone. I have been thinking about getting Kaia started with the whole potty training thing because she knows when she is wet and brings mea diaper! Exciting, I know. But right now she is not to thrilled about sitting on her potty training toilet. So we will work on that first and see how things go.

Amy said...

Bribery works wonders...finding the right *thing* to work for is the key, I think. My baby turned 2 in February and Jim came home with the "last" box of diapers. Right! He is interested in t.p., flushing, putting the lid up and down, but seldom actually sits down and goes.

So, congrats on a job done! More than one in diapers probably helped you want to get it done!

Mandy said...

I love this picture! She looks so cute and proud.

Mandy said...

Happy Mother's Day!