Tuesday, May 20, 2008

excuses, excuses

We're having a hard time with going to bed these days. Perhaps it is the promise of summer and an extension of the bedtime. In any case, I've heard the full range of excuses. I'm too hot. It's too cold. My bed is lumpy. I need a drink. My pillow is itchy. There aren't enough stuffed animals in my bed.

Yes, we've heard it all, or so I thought. Derrick, who has taken to sleeping in his underwear lately, came up with a new one tonight. "My eyes are too hot." So I pose the question, can eyeballs really get hot? I wonder.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Okay, how does she even stay in that bed with all those animals. It looks like she's about to fall out!

And yes, I get so sick of all the "excuses".

Audrey said...

Wow! That is a lot of stuffed animals. That's a great shot you got.

Karin said...

That is too funny. I can just picture Derrick saying that too. I have just started hearing the excuses the last few months, but I guess it is going to get much worse from the sounds of it! By the way, I like the new look!

Sierra said...

That is a great bedtime pic. Kaia does the same thing. If we can make it to the bed with her 100's of toys and animals that simply MUST go with her to dreamland, then it is usually a fight to get her comfortable enough to slow down and crash.
Good luck with the summer and getting into a good routine. I would seriously be thinking about lessons or play dates or something cause I'm already freaking out about just having two... and I don't yet. Hope all is well and you have a blast with it.