Friday, December 5, 2008

sleepy

I've been a little sleepy lately when it comes to blogging. I guess 4 kids will do that to a person, at least until I get into a groove. Yes, I groove, but usually when no one is watching. But I digress. Today a good blogging picture presented itself, which gave me the motivation to actually blog! You see, Jon is of the opinion that we need to move Grace out of the crib, so that we can move Reid in to the crib and out of our bedroom. However, he also believes that this task will be more easily accomplished if she is no longer napping in the afternoon. I'm reluctant to give up the naps, because Grace is my only child so far that has consistently taken a 2-3 hour daily nap. I love it, and will miss it, and she can get really cranky. Apparently Grace is not yet ready to give up the naps either, because she keeps taking matters in to her own hands. I turned around a few minutes ago to find her like this.



And those little specks around her? Saltine crackers. I won't tell you how long they've been there. Cleaning them up would require waking her up, but then again, I guess that would be the new plan, right?

4 comments:

My Rags to Riches said...

I could never give up Ethan's nap time!!! That is the only time I have to myself. That is the only time I can shower or rest or clean. I don't know how you do it. Luckily Grace falls asleep on her own. If I don't put Ethan down, he will stay awake for 5 days straight!!! I need to move Ethan into a toddler bed so Liam can have the crib, if you have any suggestions on how to make that transition, let me know.

Karin said...

Well, I am no expert by any means, but it seems to me that she might be different than your last two, and may very well do just fine keeping the nap AND still sleeping in the big bed all night. I think they always say that your child will do better if they aren't OVER tired (it sounds like the other two needed to drop the nap to be SUFFICIENTLY tired), but maybe if you drop hers, it will cause her to be over tired and cranky and won't work as well for her. Who knows, but I know Jeanne had the two extremes with her two kids as well, and "L" very much still needed her naps until almost 4 years old, even though "A" was done taking them at 2.

Emily said...

Well, it looks like your going to get everyones 2 cents today. So here's mine.

Both Mark and Emma stopped napping pretty much the day after their next sibling was born which was around age 2 1/2. I was shocked, I thought kids napped till they went to Kindergarten! But Henry is a totally different story. That kid was still taking a morning AND afternoon nap when he turned two! And now at 2 1/2 he still takes a good 2-3 hour afternoon nap. We're going to move him to a bed over Christmas break but the nap will remain as long as it possibly can because it is my only hope for any sort of sanity and getting anything done! So good luck. Looks like she's pretty good at letting you know what she needs! And thanks for blogging, I was missing you.

Lindsey said...

I say keep the naps as long as possible...with 4 kids you need a moment to yourself during the day!