Sunday, September 9, 2007

new calling

We've been in our new ward now for almost two months and today I finally got a calling. I'm excited because it's a new one for me. I'm going to be the Mia Maid advisor. I haven't been in Young Womens since I was one. It has been about 10 years of Primary with a little Relief Society mixed in here and there. Jon is excited because it means that I still get to attend Sunday School with him, that is after he comes back home! I'm waiting to hear from the YW President now, I'm assuming that I will start teaching next Sunday. I can't wait, unless of course my inaugural lesson winds up being on chastity, which is always a fun way to get to know the girls! On a related note, I also get to meet with a member of the high council tomorrow evening. He called Jon in Denver to talk about it before making the appointment with me, so Jon already knows what is going on. Don't you hate not knowing why you are meeting with someone? I always spend so much time trying to guess what it could be. All that deductive reasoning I used in school has come in handy a time or two as I have correctly guessed some callings, but I've got no clue on this high counselor one. I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats on the new calling! You will be wonderful. And I too would be going nuts. I'm so not a surprise girl!

Amy said...

That's my calling too! I've been in since January and do love it, but didn't imagine how much time & energy YW requires. I've been a primary person most of my married life.

Best of luck with the new calling!

1tiredmama said...

I was in YW in our last ward and I loved it. I was 2nd counselor so I was over the Beehives. They have a little less attitude than the Mia Maids. It is lots of work but worth it for sure! Have fun and keep us posted on the meeting. Hopefully its not anything too crazy!

Karin said...

Congrats on the calling! It will be very rewarding I am sure. I am sure Kendra will be excited to share all her recent ideas with you!

Sierra said...

Sounds like a big job and I hope you have a blast with it. What a great opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of others. Have fun!